FEMHacks is UC Berkeley’s premiere all-female*, 12-hour hackathon that serves to promote and encourage the participation of historically underrepresented communicates in tech-related projects of all experience levels and majors.
Sunday, February 23rd, 2020
Anna Head Alumnae Hall
- 8:00-8:30: Registration/Check-in
- 8:30-9:00: Opening Ceremony
- 9:00-12:30: Start Coding
- 12:30-1:30: Lunch
- 1:30-7:00: Coding Time
- 7:00-8:00: Dinner
- 8:00-9:00: Final Presentations
- 9:30-10:00: Awards
- How many people can be on team?
Each project group can have up to four members. We will also have a mixer during the event so you can meet other people in case you are looking for new teammates.
- What should I bring?
Bring a laptop, phone, chargers, and your Cal ID. Also bring comfortable clothes, and a sleeping bag if you want
- Is the event open to non-UC Berkeley students?
Unfortunately, this event will only be open to students attending UC Berkeley.
- I don’t have an idea or team, can I still attend?
We encourage solo hackers to attend as well, and it’s totally okay to not have an idea coming in. You’ll have the opportunity to find team members and meet people and learn tech skills during the Hackathon as well!
- Are meals included, and will there be consideration for dietary restrictions?
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner with vegetarian and vegan options will be provided